Friday, June 1, 2012

Partnership

As I was reflecting on the meetings I've had with my partners and the entire pledge gathering process over the past several weeks, I've realized a few things.

God always opens doors that are unexpected and shows up in His time. David says in Psalm 34:10 that those who seek the Lord lack no good thing. It has been a relief to see so many people encouraged to help me with prayer and support. It has been such an encouragement to me seeing such eagerness in the faces of some of my friends as I began to share with them the great need towards which they will be bringing help.

I recently met with a friend who loves the Lord and he was sharing with me his experience of raising support. He said that those that the general calls, he equips, and provides for. If God has called me to take a step of faith in pursuing seminary and raising support, then those who commit to supporting are also taking a step of faith and will grow closer to Christ. This is part of the reason that I'm so excited about this. It's an opportunity not just for me to grow in my faith, but also for my partners as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment